This page provides links to select current research on the therapeutic action of turmeric.
The relative effects of turmeric extract compared to curcumin alone, including the potential role of turmerones and other bioactives
- Key findings, indications: turmeric will have distinctive effects from curcumin due to the presence of other bioactive compounds.
- Key findings, indications: suggest the potential use of turmeric extract (including curcumin and turmerones), rather than curcumin alone, for treating diseases.
- Key findings, indications: suggests that curcumin in the form of extracts be potentially more pharmacologically active than pure curcumin.
- Key findings, indications: C. longa showed considerable anti-inflammatory effects against inflammation and the effects were comparable to those of curcuminoids and turmerones.
Appraisal of black pepper to enhance curcumin bioavailability
- Key findings, indications: until the efficacy and safety of these new synthetic versions have adequate studies to establish the risk: benefit ratio than there is no need to tamper with nature …
- Key findings, indications: Piperine is required to give curcumin to the extremities rather than it getting consumed in the liver.. caution should be taken when approaching this compound.
Adulteration of turmeric
- Key findings, indications: progress in turmeric supplement quality, but concerns around synthetic curcumin adulteration
- Key findings, indications: evidence of turmeric adulteration